Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bring on the pink headbands

We were ready to start at 6:45am, all kitted out - cue the pink headbands. (Ok, so only mine was pink.)

It was dark and it was cold, but we took over the streets of Oxford regardless. We walked and we ran, walked some more, ran some more. Up and down Parks Road, up to the little Sainsburys, down Cornmarket dodging all the shop delivery lorries, all the way down High Street. Passing my kitchen timer (!) between us, trying in vain to see the digits in the dark, we made it back to Wadham on a high, having completed Day #1 before the rest of the world was awake.

We rock.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam! Nice to see you have taken up running! I keep not having the time, not been on a jog since Sunday!
Just don't let this obsession about avoiding having a life half-lived take over your life...because then you might do things just because they would make your life more 'lived' rather than truly appreciating something and doing it for many more reasons!
But keep running, yeah!
Daria

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I obviously don't comment enough! I want my name without having to login to blogger. Comme ça.

5:04 PM  
Blogger ladyinpink said...

Daria my gorgeous! Know that I could never see something as making my life more "lived" if I wasn't truly appreciating it. The two go hand in hand.

I miss you! When shall we have coffee?

Sam xx

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home