Monday, November 13, 2006

The importance of people who care

I went home for the weekend and enjoyed every minute of the comfort and familiarity I find when surrounded by my family.

I had a 'blip' on Sunday, though. Not wanting to come back to the pressures of job applications and numeracy refresher books, I got upset at the prospect of leaving home. My Mum saved me with gentle words and sound advice.

Today I received a handwritten letter from my wonderful friend Jo, updating me on her pregnancy, and signed with the declaration of "love you loads".

I think I would be truly lost without such unconditional support. Whether the people who care are family, friends, colleagues or teachers ... seek them out. Their love will raise you up like nothing else can.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samantha, I completely agree with you about support and encouragement. If it were not for my mother I would be a wreck. I have also been 'blipping'. Hopefully am coming to the end of this phase :).
Is it 3rd year crisis? Hehe...

6:48 PM  
Blogger Koneko-chan said...

Glad you enjoyed my letter.
Good luck hunny, we're all behind you 100%
And i do love you loads!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samantha, I so totally agree with you! If it weren't for the support of people like you and the others on the site not to mention a few friends, I don't know what I would do. It's not just the weight, it's living daily and trying to be the best you can be, you need the support and encouragement of others. Thanks for sending me your blog spot again, I will bookmark this time
! Suzy

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home