Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Run, run, run

I made it to Merifield and back again today.

Merifield is the self-catering complex in Summertown where I lived last year. I distinctly remember a midnight run with Cem last summer, when we joked about the day we would finally be able to run between the centre and the complex without stopping. Neither of us thought we'd ever manage. (Indeed, that was our first, and only run together that term.)

Ha ZAH, today was that day! Dear Cem was still at home so I ran it alone. When I finished I was so pleased with myself that I felt obliged to do a victory dance. I briefly checked for unwilling spectators, but in my dizzy recovery I must have missed the runner behind me. I spun around only to almost bump into her - of course, I then proceeded to emphatically stretch as if that had been my original intention.

I had to stifle a very large giggle, and I'm sure she saw through my ridiculous elongated pose. But who says runners have to be sullen?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Samantha! When I run that journey with you-not if- I am sure I will do something more embarassing than a victory dance and in a more elaborate manner just to alleviate any embarrassment you may have felt today lol

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoooooHoooooo! Sam

I will see you at Cote soon then? lol

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home